1.) SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM MUSICASAURUS.COM!
- CAMPAIGN NAME: Tunes for Tables
- CAMPAIGN TIMEFRAME: It is running RIGHT NOW, but only through 11:59pm on Sunday, September 27!
- CAMPAIGN SUMMARY:
- Individuals who donate to this campaign through the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank's special donation page in the amount of $25 OR MORE will receive a link to two (2) specially curated sets of concert videos.
- These video sets compiled by Musicasaurus.com feature a compelling assortment of performers collaborating with peer musicians, which complements the overall campaign theme of working together.
- Once you donate, the Food Bank will send you a "thank you" email that will contain the link to the two (2) specially curated sets of concert videos!
- WHERE TO GO ONLINE TODAY TO DONATE: Once again, here is the Food Bank's special donation page for this campaign: https://secure.qgiv.
- WHY DONATE NOW? The need has never been greater. Because of COVID-19 there has been a 40% increase in the numbers of families turning to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank for help. Our campaign's goal (as you will see on the Food Bank's Tunes for Tables donation page) is $10,000--but in all honesty, we are hoping to blow right past that if at all possible! Something very important to bear in mind here: Every $25 donated to Tunes for Tables will provide 125 meals for people struggling with hunger in Southwestern PA
2. Grace Slick once implored “feed your head”…
While you are doing this musically through musicasaurus.com, think also about “feeding your brethren”—that is, think about supporting those who work our family farms, and also those in our communities who are impoverished and need a helping hand. Go to the two links below, and be generous of spirit—YOU can help Those Who Feed help Those In Need!
- FARM AID (www.farmaid.org) .....Since 1985 the nonprofit organization Farm Aid has provided unflagging support for farmers, and has raised millions to promote a strong and resilient family farm system of agriculture. Farm Aid stages an annual concert—featuring Farm Aid board members Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews, plus inspiring musical guests—and this event serves to raise funds and awareness for the work that Farm Aid does every day of the year: Promoting food from family farms, growing the good food movement, and helping farmers thrive.
- FEEDING AMERICA (www.feedingamerica.org) .....This organization is the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Its mission is to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger. On the Feeding America site, on the right, you’ll see “Feeding America in Your Community”. Select the state that you’re living in, and information will come up listing area food bank locations in your own community.
3. And now back to that “feed your head” directive, one more time.....
There is another organization that provides sustenance, and this one feeds the heart and the mind. This is the Public Broadcasting Service—PBS.
- PBS’ mission is to create content that educates, informs and inspires. This private, non-profit corporation offers programming that expands the minds of children...documentaries that open up new worlds...non-commercialized news programs that keep citizens informed on world events and cultures...and programs that expose America to the worlds of music, theater, dance and art.
- PBS’ nearly 360 member stations all across the country rely heavily on their local communities. Under the PBS flag, they carry out their mission everyday through multimedia platforms and community outreach, and so are very deserving of your $upport.
- Go to www.pbs.org...Near the top of the homepage, click on “Support PBS”...You’ll be prompted to plug in your zip code or select your state; then click on the station listing that corresponds to your local PBS coverage. Your PBS station’s website should then open up, and—I’ll feed you this line one more time—be generous of spirit!